Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hate Your Slavery, Kiss the Son

Reading the psalms can sometimes be difficult. You know, like when David flips out. David will straight up curse a dude (Psalm 109:9-10). Let me encourage you to read them anyway and wrestle with God, remembering that God determined the content of the Bible (2 Tim 3:16). One thing you'll learn if you read the Psalms is that David says absolutely whatever he wants to God. I do to. God can handle it. I'm sure he appreciates it. (I don't know if He appreciates when I drop the f-bomb in sincere prayer, but He hasn't struck me down yet!)

If you're going to complain, complain to God! Believe that He's in control and call Him on the things you don't understand. Be careful not to write Him off because of bitterness in your heart. (Beware that sometimes it's impossible to see bitterness because of presumptions about what you deserve. We don't deserve anything at all.) Be faithful in thanking Him for his mercy and for the life you have. Don't you know that His mercies woke you up today (Lam 3:22-23)? It's good to praise God for the air in your lungs.
I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.

This will please the Lord more than an ox
or a bull with horns and hoofs.

When the humble see it they will be glad;
you who seek God, let your hearts revive.

For the Lord hears the needy
and does not despise his own people who are prisoners (Psalm 69:30-33).


This passage says that "the Lord hears the needy and does not despise his own people who are prisoners". Tell me, are you free? Are you free when the fear of man falls on you?

He who sins is not free (John 8:34-36) but the Lord hears the needy. Hate your slavery. Kiss the Son (Psalm 2:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment