Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Final Quest

This book is good, short, and cheap.  It's at major bookstores.  It's compiled from a series of prophetic dreams and visions that God gave to Rick Joyner.  The introduction explains how he received the dreams and visions.  It's in the first person; he just wrote it all down like it happened.  If you ever get a chance to hear the man speak, you'll believe that this came from God and not him.  It's just too good (no offense Rick, I love you).

I think you'll come away with the same understanding if you just read this book.  It contains some of the lessons God taught Rick, by which he is now a man of great integrity that stands with Christians who others stand against.  His reputation among men truly means nothing to him.  Todd Bentley is a great example.

Todd apparently had some sin issues (come on, that guy had a target on his head the size of Texas) and Rick Joyner is one who is helping him get back up while almost everyone is chucking him under the bus.  Take heed when you think you stand lest you fall and everyone says "I told you so" (1 Cor 10:12).

Jim Bakker too.  Jim published a book called "I Was Wrong".  I think he wrote it in prison.  Anyway, he was ACQUITTED (which nobody knows, turns out he was innocent by law) and is now ministering again thanks to Rick and some others who love men who fall.  I'll get "I Was Wrong" to make sure, but I'd wager Jim is now untainted by the prosperity gospel.

In fact, Rick's ministry bought Heritage U.S.A. (Jim's Bakker's unfinished hotel thing, I think that's what it was called) and it's now the site of Heritage International.  It's a hotel/
conference center in Fort Mill, SC.  It's still unfinished as far as I know.  That's just the sort of thing the Lord loves to do, redeeming fallen people and their stuff for His own glory.

Anyway, this is really fun to read whether or not you are a Christian.  I bet you'll finish it in a couple days.  It's like a good fantasy novel stuffed to the brim with truth.  You'll never look at the Church the same way, I promise.  

No comments:

Post a Comment